zondag 25 oktober 2009

Vurnon Anita, the new Ajax revelation

Nowdays, my life as a supporter of Ajax, is very good. Altough my club ranks third in the league (loss in Eindhoven and two draws against Sparta and Roda JC), it don't influence my good feeling! This team shows progression! Ajax gives barely goals away and create many opportunities.

Ofcourse, it's a big advantage that a player like Luis Suarez plays for your team, but my kudo's goes to: Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Demy de Zeeuw, Eyong Enoh and Vurnon Anita. In particulair I see Vurnon Anita as the big revelation this season. He can competes with Toby Alderweireld for the big talent award. Last season he played a large part of the league at his favorite position: Right-wing midfielder (4-3-3 system). However, he played good, but always stayed in the shadow because of the "safe" tactics of former coach Marco van Basten.

This year everything is different. Under the experienced leadership of Martin Jol, takes Vurnon his minutes where ever he can. He became two time Man of the Match. The first match against VVV-Venlo as right-wing midfielder and the second match against Dinamo Zagreb as leftwing defender. His multifunctionality is superb to play at several positions at a club like Ajax. It seems that he finally will break trough this season, but it will be as leftwing defender. Good choice! He bites down into the opponent and his attacking is increasingly dangerous. We can say that Ajax finally has educated a pittbull like Edgar Davids.

But how crazy can football be? I follow the player in question since his youth in Ajax. After Clarence Seedorf, he was the youngest player ever to debut in Ajax. I can still remember one of his first matches against Bremen, because I visited the match. Ajax played his worst match that season, but Vurnon was one of the best players on the field.

Last season, he slowly made his debut as a base player for the injured Gabri. But as I said before, he stayed in the shadow and was baredly been noticed by the supporters. I think it's because of the former coach. The barriere between him and the squad led to a big doubts at the players. They saw, that once they didn't play good, they could watch the next match from the bench.

His worst game was against PSV, where he he was overrun by Ibrahim Afellay. But then again, Afellay played his best match ever that day. I am wondering whether it will happen again! In any case, Ajax is well to renew his contract.




The development of the player can be matched against the performance of the team. That's why I am convinced that Ajax will be champion this season! After a period of six years is also about time..
That's why you can say it's arrogance, but a team like Ajax must compete for the prices!! Ofcourse, I prenounce my hope to my favourite team, just like every supporter of the club. I know that Ajax can't be champions every year. A little bit of competition is good!

But you ain't a supporter if you have no confince in your club.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten